What every estate planning 'toolbox' should have...
"The 3-ring Estate Planning Portolio binder" - all of my clients know I call it "the Toolbox" (each document indexed and organized in the binder get used like a tool). But, what 'tools' should it contain? Below is a list of 'tools' to consider.
1) Last Will & Testament;
2) Durable Power of Attorney for Personal and Business Affairs;
3) Power of Attorney for Healthcare;
4) Living Will;
5) Stand-Alone HIPAA Waiver;
6) Final Disposition declaration;
7) often, but not always, a Revocable Trust Agreement;
8) various 'subset tools' to a Trust Agreement; and
9) an Estate Inventory list itemizing things owned by deed, account name, policy, etc.